*UPDATE* Y’all might remember this little listicle from last Christmas but I decided to update it slightly and repost it for all my newer readers. Enjoy…
I contemplated writing a Christmas wish list but swiftly decided that it would massively fall on deaf ears and would be too boring for words (clothes, makeup and half of H&M home yeah?)
So instead, I’m bringing you a (tongue in cheek) look at what every Basic will be hoping for…
The Body Shop at Christmas. Every Basic’s local haunt.
1. A £50 gift card for Starbucks that will last approximately 12 days because those Pumpkin Spiced Lattes are expensive, yo.
2. A Jo Malone candle*. Us Basics just love to burn money and what nicer way to say, ‘Smell how rich/frivolous with money I am,’ to houseguests than Mimosa and Cardamom.
3. A man that calls her baby and ‘treats her like a princess.’ Preferably who’ll spend 4 hours queuing in Pandora and will double check exactly which shade of blush her new Michael Kors bag should be in.
4. Rose gold dildo. She’s got everything else in this sublime metal. From plates to Converse sneakers, it’s time for something that would look great in her bedside drawer too.
5. A Beauty Advent calendar*. Basics love nothing more than spending £80 on 24 pieces of make up they’ll never wear for the sake of Instagram. Even better if they can eke out an ‘Advent Reveal’ vlog everyday for Vlogmas.
6. Something from Binky’s range at In The Style. Girl wants to party at a Vodka Revs and feel like the puffy reject from Kendall’s clique.
7. Muji Drawers*. The Basic’s equivalent to a trophy cabinet. “There was this one time, in Sephora, where I managed to spend £600 in 34 minutes. That’s got to be some sort of record, no?”
8. An Instagram photo that gets over 100 likes. Nothing screams the Season of Goodwill louder than a Basic feeling like Zoella for 5 minutes because her #tbt was on point.
9. Jingle Bell Ball tickets. Basics would die to fill up their Snapchat story with umpteenth videos of them dancing away to Little Mix with the Snapchat catfish filter on.
10. A present haul so huge the Bitch will get at least 4 vlogs and 2 blog posts out of it because the world wants to see the 15 pairs of fluffy Primark socks you got.
Ok pretty much all of these things are on my list too. Ain’t nothing wrong with being a little basic.
Get the weekly Exciting Emails Newsletter!
No BS blogging tips, advice, opinions, resources and special offers every Sunday!