When jewellery company Gemporia approached me about their campaign #FakeNothing to celebrate the brand’s stance on using authentic materials, gems and stones, I was inspired to write a post on all of the things you shouldn’t fake!
My gorgeous rose gold stackable rings*
1. Jewellery. In keeping with the brand’s campaign, it’s obvious that you should never fake your jewellery. We’ve all been there with the slimy green ring of mystery around our finger after wearing a Tiffany knock off at 15. It’s time to choose more wisely with our accessories!
2. Tan. I’m so pale that you could say I’m rocking a moon tan. But you know, why not try being an English Rose every now and again? We all know there’s nothing worse than smelling like stale biscuits and seeing the darker patches cling to the bits we couldn’t quite be bothered to exfoliate.
3. CVs. I’ve definitely never put that I have a certificate in stage combat on my CV to then spend 30 minutes being grilled on the different techniques I’ve learned in an interview. I was 18 and not that interesting OK? Don’t judge. But yeah, don’t do that. Be your authentic self and end up unemployed. It’s better.
4. Orgasms. The MINUTE you fake a screamer you’ve lost. Your partner now thinks they are King Dick and will stop trying and you will be expected to cum in the same way every time. We’ll start polishing your Oscar, Meg Ryan.
5. Plans. Don’t tell the guy you’re seeing that you’re off out watching the rugby with all the LADS in an attempt to make him jealous. He will see your snapchat story of you at home eating Mini eggs in your dinosaur Pajamas and then who’s cool?
What do you fake that you know you shouldn’t?
*The rings were gifted but the waffle is all mine!