I stumbled upon this article, by the Metro, ’11 reasons the hottest girls are always single’, and it irked me. It irked me reeeeeaaaal good. I wish I could clap hand emoji when I say… STOP. DEFINING. WOMEN. BY. THEIR. ATTRACTIVENESS. We are tired of hearing the following:
*with certain weak dispositioned people reading my blog but hating my writing style, I encourage you all to sound a klaxon if you see a swear word. C’mon it’ll be fun.
1. We’re single because of our personalities. YES some egotistical man bitches feel threatened by women that are strong, feisty and independent but it’s not why we’re single. Why do men decide that our personalities are too big and that’s why they’re not interested? Maybe we could tell on date 1 they’d be threatened by us and our downstairs went as dry as a desert?
2. We’re single because we have friends. Hot girls don’t dump their friends for guys. On the flipside – why would a man want to be with someone who dumps their friends to be with him? Why do they want someone clingy and not an Independent Woman? Throw your hands up at meh.
3. We’re single because we’re not desperate. Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? Why does it have to be that we’re single because we’re too desperate or single because we’re unavailable? Why can’t it be, we’re single because we just want to be? Oh and just because you’re on dating apps to find a man, doesn’t make you desperate. Just desperate to not meet the douchenozzle that wrote this article in real life.
4. We’re single because men aren’t our priority. The ACTUAL point from this article reads, ‘Nice girls turn up on time, stay sober, act interested and consider the fact that chemistry isn’t always immediate but that love can grow with patience. Sexy girls cancel on you because they didn’t get to bed until 5am the night before but promise to make it up to you.’ Sorry but WHY isn’t the nice girl considered ‘sexy’ and why does the rude chick that flakes and can’t get her shit together get deemed sexy? ALSO sorry but why are ‘nice’ and ‘sexy’ mutually exclusive?
5. We’re single because we’re sexually adventurous. From reading the article, I can’t quite tell what point the writer is trying to make here. Hot girls put it about so no one wants to wife them up? Nah bruv. We boinked you on the first date, hated your oral game so decided to never see you again. NOT the other way around.
6. We’re single because we’re ambitious. I can *kind of* see where this is coming from. Single girls that are choosing other life fulfilments than just finding a man are out there. Women are choosing careers and hobbies to dedicate their time to rather than a man hunt. But also, WOMEN CAN MULTITASK. Infact I can Tinder on my commute, Bumble during my lunch break and ignore freaky POF messages whilst drinking cocktails. We can actually have it all, thanks.
7. We’re single because we can’t be tamed. Sorry. WHAT? Who the fuck needs to control anyone else’s freedom? Plus, being unreliable and incapable of compromise isn’t sexy. It’s cunty.
8. We’re single because we don’t settle. Another point I can get on board with. Women who jog men on as soon as they have decided they aren’t the one are strong and fierce and someone not shacking up with any old arsehole is a great character trait. Hot though?
9. We’re single because we don’t conform. Yep. On board with this. So I’m nearly 30? So what if my ovaries ache at every newborn announcement? So what if I’m getting trashed on tequila at mates’ weddings and performing the entire Single Ladies dance routine? Nobodies going to dictate what I should and shouldn’t be doing and that is hot. Society can suck it’s mum, rudeboy.
10. We’re single because we dress however we want. *clears throat to quote the indefensible*, ‘Five inch heels and a chiffon blouse to work. Hot’. Do you know what is hot? Not having to dress like an amateur porn star from ‘Secretary Sucks 3’ just to attract attention. Because we’re actually comfortable within ourselves and know we’re buff even in a bin bag.
11. We’re single because men presume we’re taken. If this is the case. GUYS I’M SINGLE. Stop being all intimidated and shit.
I think my main problem with this article is the use of the word ‘hot’. What are they imagining when they think of a hot woman? I would love to know your thoughts on this too.
PS. The original article was written by a woman like WHUT.