Last month, I met up with my gals Fi, Kayleigh and Sophie to hit the W Leicester Square for the Boohoo #PartyAfterParty. As ever, Boohoo know how to put on a stomper of a bash and during the evening I ate amazing canapés, caught up with some absolute babes and had my face glittered to such a level that I’m still washing it out of my hair.
When it comes to partying, Vix knows how to get down. In a way that is not too tragic considering my ever expanding age. So with that in mind, I thought I’d share the different things I need to do in order to have a whale of a time.
1. Squirting, showering, shaving. The ultimate first port of call in any prep is a big wee (so you’re not holding it in all night), a luxurious shower where you get your vocal chords warmed up to Little Mix and a quick shave of any areas you wish to not get too sweaty during shape cutting.
2. Spritzing. How could I forget dowsing yourself in whichever scent you’re currently rocking. Pay particular attention to your nether regions as being felled by disco fanny always puts a dampener on the evening.
3. Outfit finding. I was fortunate enough to be sent this sequinned, gold number for the party by Boohoo which saved me the usual 3 hours of panicking over what to wear and feeling like everything looks like crap. This is not my usual style at all – far too glam. But I’m glad I plumped for it as I felt so confident and sassy all night.
4. Face plastering. Honestly, I’d love to be Alicia Keys and go make up free and still look like a queen but my terrible genetics and burgeoning wrinkles plus Moon tan insists I must cover my face with as much slap as humanly possible to avoid catching myself in the mirror and wondering when I got so ugly.
5. Tune banging. If you haven’t put ‘Flowers’ by Sweet Female Attitude on repeat, are you even going to a party?
6. Friend hanging. Getting ready for a party on your own doesn’t quite get you in the mood as much as having a gaggle of gals around you to coo over your highlight and reassure you that your outfit looks banging.
7. Ubering. So you’re ready and you’ve decided that this is a fancy enough party to constitute a podiatry based injury by busting out the heels. Well then, these toes are not making an appearance on the Underground. Mr 4.6 Toyota Prius – to the W please!
There we have it. Standard party prep if you ask me. I just want to say a big thanks to Boohoo for the beautiful dress they sent me and the invite to what was a brilliant evening.
Get the weekly Exciting Emails Newsletter!
No BS blogging tips, advice, opinions, resources and special offers every Sunday!